Saturday, October 16, 2010

Channeling my inner Martha

I have been feeling ultra crafty over the last few weeks.  It's been a while since I've felt this strong of a creativity urge, so I took full advantage.  Though, I'm pretty sure it's over.  I finished one of my projects yesterday morning, and I'm not sure I have anything left in me to complete the final few that I have planned.  We'll see if I can muster up enough poop to finish.  And next time I get in this Martha-ey mood, will someone remind me to do ONE AT A TIME? Thanks.

Here's the line-up of my masterful works for your viewing pleasure:

FELT ROSETTE WREATH
It's hard to see the detail from my picture, but I LOVE it!!  Love, love, love...  Thanks to inspiration from my amazingly talented friend Angie, I embarked on this tedious project. It entailed cutting over 350 small 1 1/2 inch cirlces out of felt and pinning them to a foam wreath form.  Simple...but painstakingly long and boring to do. :)  But I love the results.
Here is a closer picture of Angie's red wreath that shows the texture and detail of how the felt forms the rosettes.  I couldn't get my camera to take such a nice close-up, so I stole her picture.  But believe me...mine is JUST as good. :)
Gorgeous, right?  I have plans and supplies to make a black one too.  I thought it would be awesome with an orange ribbon for Halloween.  We'll see if I get the gumption to do it this week.  If not, it'll probably make a good post for early next October.  Something to look forward to.

Next up:
CHRISTMAS COUNTDOWN BLOCKS
Thanks to my friend Karina for cutting all the wood for these for our craft week, these were not that difficult. :)  I think they turned out great. The camera brightened the colors a bit, but you get the idea.  Love these too.

Finally, and just in time for Halloween:
SPIDER EGG SACS
Aren't they cool??!  I love these too, of course.  I've been wanting to make these since I saw them in a Martha Stewart Living Halloween magazine 7 years ago.  I decided it was finally time.  The picture shows them hanging on my front porch. Spoooooky! :)

Here's a picture of what I was aiming for.  I like theirs better, but I don't have a team of 20+ professionals to help me like Martha did.

I hope you enjoyed my craft show.  I also hope you enjoy lots of homemade fun this holiday season.  There's nothing more fun than basking in the glory of something AWESOME that YOU made.  :)

6 comments:

Susz said...

LOVE the super gross spider sacks....you have come a long way since cornering the big hairy thing in my kitchen :D....and leaving it for mike to clean up. Super cool my friend.

Helen said...

I wanna make some of those spider egg sacs...they are awesomely disgusting!

Angie said...

The wreath turned out gorgeous! I'm glad you stuck it out...:)

Anonymous said...

When Cathy's feeling creative......Look Out! You are so stinkin' talented my friend. I want to make the creepy spider sack too. My kids would love it. Way cool!

Mark and Kris said...

Ewwww! Those spider eggs....well, cool but creepy. The rest of your projects are just really cute!The picture can't do that wreath justice I am sure! Good work Cath. It is just like you though, making cute stuff; you always do!

Brooke said...

Those are pretty awesome and pretty creepy egg sacks! All your crafts look great. Wish I had sometime craft... soon!