The inevitable has happened. Or will happen within a week. My sweet, super handsome oldest child Kimball is going to get....gulp....glasses.
Even though I've known for pretty much my entire married life that most of, if not all of our children would need some help in the eye department at some point in their childhoods, it still makes me a little sad. I'm not sad because glasses are nerdy (unless you were ME from about 2nd grade on, with the GINORMOUS frames someone whose name I won't mention made me wear), or uncool, or because they don't look good on him. I just don't want anything to cover up that beautiful face. And I don't want him to be made fun of, which he probably will, since kids will be kids. :(
He seems pretty excited about it, which does make me happy. And we've had the "four eyes" discussion about how kids might make fun of you when you wear glasses. I guess I just need to change my attitude and show him how excited I am about it so he will have that super cool confidence he always has had. And he doesn't have to wear them all the time. He will need them at school, and when we go to movies or do something where he'll need to focus things far away.
He picked out his frames today. He wanted to take them home with us, he was that excited. I finally convinced him that a freshly ordered pair would be here before he knows it. My sweet boy is growing up. And if anyone can make glasses look cool (besides me)...it's him.
Thursday, January 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
They make such stylish glasses for kids now that it's TRENDY to wear them. Kimball will rock them for sure.
LOL!! You were so mad at mom for making you wear those glasses! If I remember right, they were the same type of frames as she was wearing at the time! :) AH. Good memories! ! ! Kimball will ROCK the look though!
Post a Comment