Our holiday celebrations were pretty quiet this year. Brian injured his back on Saturday and Sloan somehow came down with croup, so we kept it on the down low.
Our day included a splash park, some pop-it's fireworks (that's all I bought...sad, right?) and some utterly delicious grub. Late night city fireworks by the river rounded out a pretty spectacular day.
I am so thankful for my freedom and those that protect it.
(What a horrible picture. If I ever try to start a food blog, I'll have to invest in a nicer camera....even though this was only taken with Brian's iphone.)
On the menu: grilled onion, swiss, bacon & bbq burgers on flax buns, smoked corn on the cob, grilled potato salad with cherry tomatoes & green onions from my salsa pot, spinach, olives, roasted red peppers, feta and a red wine vinegarette, and super sweet watermelon. And of course ice cream waffle cones for dessert. A perfect night for eating outdoors.
Sweet Sloan trying to look like she's having fun. She was pretty miserable, but still managed to have fun.
The ever-exciting pop-its that lasted all of about 3 minutes. Boy do I know how to throw a party. ;) But I figured since we were going to go watch the city fireworks, we didn't need a lot of pomp.
And we were SO thankful for the amazing weather we had all weekend. Last year my brother and his family, as well as my mom came up for a visit. We had been told that 4th of July's here are pretty fantastic. It was freezing & rained ALL weekend. Glad this year was a different story.







No comments:
Post a Comment