To start the season, we enjoyed an AWESOME fun trip to Newport in late May/early June. This trip was amazing. We stayed in a great little house just a few blocks from the beach. Brian successfully completed his 2nd Marathon (!!) and we enjoyed some much needed family bonding time. Life is good....and then....


In early June, Brian visited Coeur D'Alene for a random perspective-job interview. It kindof came out of nowhere, but was an incredible answer to our prayers. The interview for the CDA job went well, so the next step toward this new job opportunity was for both Brian & I to visit so I could get a feel for the area. In late June, we took little Sloan along to check out this foreign land.

JUNE 15: NOAH TURNS 3!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it! My Nar Nar is 3. We had a super fun TMNT party and celebrated with some of our family & friends. I made some Turtle masks for all the party guests, we had super awesome PIZZA cake and a good time was had by all. Happy Birthday my crazy dude. COWABUNGA!!!!


NEW JOB! Brian began working at Steel Structures in early July. He stayed in an apartment in CDA and flew home every weekend to be with us. Wow...that sucked. Luckily, that phase of the process didn't last long. We survived with the help of many family & friends...and we REALLLLLLY missed him. Absense makes the heart grow fonder...or something like that.
JULY 19: SLOAN TURNS **1**! My little sweet Aaahh turned one. I honestly can't believe it. We had a wonderful one-final-Waddell-bash with friends and family @ Williams Park (since we had some home showings that day). It was so beautiful out! We had yummy lunch, she opened gifts, ate some cake, rubbed some cake on her face, and really enjoyed being with all the people we love. Sloan enjoyed her polka-dot day. Happy 1st Birthday my beautiful Aaahh!!!!


I can't tell you how blessed we have been to have lived near so many wonderful friends over the last several years. Our "culdesac friends" :) threw us a going away bash in Early August. There was a BBQ, a jumphouse/slide for the kiddos, and we had a blast. I will miss them all SOOOOOOOO much, they have been such a HUGE part of my life (geez...I'm making it sound like a funeral). I am so thankful for all of them. Thanks guys for the party! We will miss all of you - more than you know. Keep in touch!
In mid-August, we listed our home of 10 years for sale (tear). I won't say a lot about this because it still breaks my heart, but I will say that it took a lot of faith to bring myself to do this. After only 14 days, we received and accepted an offer on our house (miracle!!!!!!!!) and put in an offer on our home up here in CDA.
These next pictures are purely for entertainment value. This was what I like to call "the time the idiot guy put his foot through my ceiling". (NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) 3 days from moving out and THIS!!!!!! I still get horrible shivers down my spine every time I see a ServiceMaster truck
Even after "incidents" like the one above, we survived the selling our home/moving out process. We said goodbye to our cute little green house on August 16th (that was a bad day).


We stayed with my parents for a few days since our belongings were on a Mayflower truck waiting for delivery to CDA. Thanks mom & dad. We drove away from Boise on Sunday, August 17 and headed North. CDA here we come!!!!!!! The kids were AMAZING for the drive. Not one meltdown, freakout, argument, NOTHING. They all took naps and after about 8 hours on the road, we arrived in CDA. On August 29th, we moved into our beautiful new home.
PHEW! That was a lot of explaining and recapping; thanks for sticking it out. Now I can have fun posting our new CDA adventures. :) I miss all of you Boiseans (you know who you are) and really hope to see you all soon.
XOXOXO
Cat














2 comments:
Wow, that was an adventure and I am so glad you have made such a positive transition. We do miss you but we are happy that you have some new stories to tell! I can't wait. I will check your blog to find out what is happening. You all look great! I bet fall will be beautiful up north! Keep in touch!
The culdesac misses it's adopted family! Life just won't be the same without you! Glad things are going well in the great north! Brace yourself for winter! Lots of Love-
Post a Comment