Thursday, March 11, 2010

Who is.....isn't that....argh....

Don't you hate when you're watching a movie and you recognize a face but cannot remember their name?  When their identitiy is on the tip of your brain and just out of reach.  HATE THAT.  Last night, I went with some friends to see "Dear John" (Not bad.  Not awesome...but not bad.)  During this movie, I saw two such faces.


One was this guy:




Oh my gosh...drove me crazy.



Turns out, it was this guy who I've seen at least 100 times during my boys obsession with this particular movie:



Rex Racer from Speed Racer.

The other one was a little different.  About an hour into the film, the name came to me.  I was certain.  You don't just forget a face like his.  My friends whom I was watching with weren't so convinced.  It bugged me until this morning when I finally was able to get on the computer and confirm my suspicions.

Here is the movie pic:

 

Any guesses???  Think back about 25-30 years.  It's coming to you, isnt' it.  He hasn't changed.




It is:



Elliott from E.T.  Holy cow.

 In searching for just the right picture of Elliott (most were tiny and really blurry), I got a major craving to watch this amazing movie.  I haven't seen it in probably 15 years.  I miss it.  I think I'll go find it this weekend and buy it.  I don't know why we don't already own it.  In all our movie purchases over the years (which are many...probably over 200 DVD's...silly, I know) I can't believe I don't own E.T.  What a classic.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed my little bit of Guess-who movie trivia.  Totally pointless and, in all reality, a complete waste of the last half-hour of my life, but fun nonetheless.  I think it's important to keep a good balance of spiritual, emotional, intellectual and non-sensical moments in life.  You can quote me on that. :)

Peace out.

6 comments:

Jana said...

I am so impressed you connected the ET kid! I always do that during movies, though; I can't concentrate until I've figured out where else I've seen a particular actor. Luckily I usually figure it out somewhat quickly :).

Angie said...

I do the same thing, and it drives Joel crazy. He can't understand why I can't just enjoy the movie...but he doesn't understand how irritating it is!!! (I'm with ya!)

Karina & John Calderwood said...

Never saw Speed Racer (life without boys) so that's why that guys face eluded me. As for Elliott...NICE JOB!

queenann said...

Wow. Nice.

Susz said...

Cardon shed a few tears watching ET...he was very concerned about ET getting sick...and what was going to happen to him if "they" found him..that was a year or two ago...just be prepared ;)
I LOVED THAT MOVIE...though i was heartbroken he had to leave EL---I--OTT ;) I remember we found a potato that was formed just like ET-we kept it on our dresser for a long time...i guess until it sprouted ;) Talk about randomness...there is my TWO CENTS

Susz said...

Another thing...does anyone remember playing ET on the ATARI ? wow...flashbacks from the Extra Terrestrial