This morning I went on a short jog. It was beautiful outside. Sunny, slightly breezy and damp from a little rain last night. As I was running through the park in our neighborhood, I breathed in a huge whiff of...well...freshness. I LOVE the smell of where I live. It's a mix of fresh-cut grass, pine trees and dew. It's intoxicating! I feel so lucky that "fate" brought me to an amazingly beautiful place. I could've been sent here:
...or here....
...which are, of course, beautiful in their own ways (I don't even know where these places are...these are generic pictures from online) and probably have their own distinct smell. But instead I was sent here....
It is an incredible place. I actually love it. Just last week we went hiking on Tubbs Hill, which is next to the Resort and about a 7 minute drive from our house. We are completely surrounded by beauty.
Staying in Boise would have been nice, but since we had to be somewhere else, I'm glad it's here. I am so lucky.













3 comments:
:) Don't tell John that he was right about moving here. :)
Breathing fresh air on a run is one of the best sensations in life!
So glad you are loving it up there. Don't get me wrong, I still want you guys to be able to move back to Boise one day. But I am happy you are happy there.
You really do live in a beautiful place...we've been tempted many a time to find a job up there and move just 'cuz it's, well, heaven! I'm so happy that you're happy! :)
Post a Comment