Saturday, October 23, 2010

I AM...

...IRONMAN
SEVEN!!!!
-Kimball



Today's the big day! Believe it or not, my child is now seven!  We've had a super fun day celebrating and here's how it all went down:

Kimball woke up to yummy chocolate chip filled chocolate bar donuts and a table full of LOOT!

He got scriptures (boring, I know...but he was actually really excited), a remote control flying helicopter, an Ironman changeable armor action figure set, and an Ironman movie (it's animated, which I thought would probably be better than getting him the Ironman2 DVD that he's been eyeing.  I thought he wasn't quite old enough to own that one...but as it turns out...the animated movie I got him is in fact rated PG-13. Oops!)  :)

This is the reaction every parent hopes for as they watch their child open their presents:
Nailed it! :)

Then we had a super fun and super tough-guy Ironman birthday party at Triple Play.
The party animals (in a zig-zag front to back pattern from left):
Caden, Kadin, Noah, Kimball, Josh, Ryan, Sloan, Braden and Trae.
(and apparantly I have a major smudge on the top right of the lens of my camera. Nice.)


A diagram for those who couldn't follow my picture logic.

The boys enjoyed fun arcade games,


and of course, would any party be complete without Skee-ball?!


LASER TAG!!!!!
(watch out for this crew...they look like they mean business)


Bowling!
(so, in hindsight...I definetly should have had them put the bumpers up.  We had some very frustrated players on our hands.)  :)



And since I wouldn't let Noah or Sloan in on the laser tag festivities - they kept themselves busy another way.

Chow time!


And of course, the cake. Not my best work, but it'll do. Kimball sure liked it.


Happy Birthday to my amazing Kimball!



He is definetly one of a kind. And we sure love him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the reaction of the opening of the gift. That is totally every Mother's dreamed reaction. Looks like a fun party with cool cake and all. How is my Cathy? I sure do miss you. Come visit soon k. By the way I have been diggin' my new Danskos. :)

Karina & John Calderwood said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIMBALL!!!

Great cake!

Jana said...

Oh, what a cute (and alarmingly grown up) birthday boy! And, as always, I am completely impressed with the cake. You're a superstar, Cathy!!

Mark and Kris said...

Happy birthday Kimball! What a bunch of fun. Your mom and dad know how to throw a party!