Friday, November 26, 2010

More. Snow.

I posted just yesterday about the snow.  There was just so much of it I thought it was noteworthy.  And guess what!!?

IT'S SNOWING. Again.

Geez. Is this going to be a regular thing around here? :)  But I'm not here to complain.  I hope you didn't get the slightly-wrong impression yesterday that I don't like the snow.  It's lovely.  And it made for an incredibly fun day today.  Here's what we did:

On Halloween weekend last month, we went to a nice little tree farm in Cougar Gulch to pick out our Christmas tree. After what, to Brian, seemed like hours, we picked one and tagged it for our own.  Today, we went to cut 'er down! Yay!! We have NEVER cut down our own tree before. In fact, I don't think that in our entire marriage, we have every had a real Christmas tree.

Here we are all bundled up heading to our tree.

Found it.

 Dragging her down the hill.  I think our tree is a girl.  Isn't it nice of me to let Brian do all the work?

Ready to go.


On our way home with our tree, we noticed some friends down the street sledding on a little hill across from their house.  So, again leaving Brian to do all the work, the kids and I walked over and joined them.




So, I guess the snow isn't ALL bad.  And, unfortunatly when we got home, Brian was all done unloading and setting up the tree.  Darn.

I am really going to try to make the best of this living-in-a-super-snowy-place situation.  I plan on spending as much time in it as possible with my family.  All the more reasons to drink more hot chocolate.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun family traditions I see in the making. How cool. I hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Mark and Kris said...

You guys remind me of a Norman Rockwell Holiday. I love it. Great picts, great memories.

Susz said...

i love the pic of you & k...and sloan looks super duper cute. looks like ya'll are having a festive holiday!