I have been exercising as much as possible to try to become that modelesque fitness queen that I wish I was. And in my quest to exercise as often as possible, I have also made it my mission to diversify my workouts as much as I can. I am the type of person that gets bored quickly, so to do a treadmill or any one routine too often becomes monotonous. So, this week I have added an additional 3 or 4 classes to do besides my usualy morning workouts and weekly basketball night. Like Boot Camp on Tuesdays, Spin on Wednesdays, Step & Sculpt on Thursdays, and continue with my favorite Zumba every Friday. Good thought, right?
Today I went to Spin class for the first time...and....well....just about DIED!!! Holy crap. Are any of you familiar with Spin? You get on a bicycle and spin...quickly...for AN HOUR. I knew this going into the class. What I didn't know was what a WIMP I was. I got about 1/2 hour into it and excused myself from the class. I couldn't feel my butt. Or my legs. So, I am a little dissappointed (that's a little strong, but I couldn't think of a better word) with my whoosiness. I can do Zumba, basketball or even Boot Camp for an hour...but NOT spin. I am using the excuse that I went running this morning and was still tired by the time I got to spin. Maybe if I hadn't run this morning, I could've done better...but that is a very transparent and unlikely maybe. I also have told myself that I gave up easily as not to spoil my most beloved basketball that I get to play tonight. Yep...that must be it. Subcontiously I was protecting myself from sure dissappointment tonight on the basketball court had I finished the class. :) I guess I'll save my Wednesday mornings for running.
Next time you see me...
just kidding. You wish. :)








4 comments:
LOL! Did Brian take that picture of you? Give spin another chance and DONT work out before it!!! I'll go with you next time if you want.
Cathy, you are my hero. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't last ten minutes in a spin class!
woot woot! great job even attempting spin class!
Try it again!!! I promise it gets easier.
Post a Comment