Here are some cool things that are thirty:
Me. Thirty is the atomic number of zinc. Thirty Rock (love it). Thirty is the age of actors Adam Brody and Zooey Deschanel, both of whom I think are cool. Thirty years ago the Happy Meal was introduced by McDonalds.
Here are some cool things that happened the very week I was born in 1980:
May 18: Mount St. Helen's erupts (ok...so this isn't necessarily a "cool" thing, but it was memorable)
May 21: The Empire Strikes Back opened in theaters
May 22: Pac-Man arcade game is released
May 23: me
Here's how I spent my thirtieth birthday weekend:
Friday: Kid-less birthday party!! Dinner at the Bistro on Spruce with lots of wonderful friends and the hubs. Bowling at Triple Play. Cake, ice cream and Tetris at my friends' house until 1:00 am. (So tired, but SO FUN! I was a little sad this year about not being able to see my family on my birthday, but am so thankful for Brian and my amazing friends that made me feel so loved!)
Saturday: Soccer. Costco. Pizza and a netflix with the fam. Leftover birthday cake.
Sunday: (the big day) Church. Kids all napped. Prepped for the primary meeting. Primary meeting. Finished movie with hubs.
All in all, it was a wonderful birthday. And so far, thirty seems pretty great. So, thanks to all my friends and family for the birthday wishes! Good-bye twenties!
THIRTY.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







5 comments:
Love your tribute to turning THIRTY- Too funny. Thirties are great---it is the forties that are creeping up all too quickly! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKS
OOOOO I forgot to send you the pics of your big night! Stay tuned.
Sounds like an excellent birthday weekend! :)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! Welcome to the thirties!
I'm SO glad you had such a fun memorable Birthday. By the way I LOVED your buns. Hee hee I started cracking up as soon as saw them. Your so funny. :)
Post a Comment