Monday, May 10, 2010

Weeeeeeeee!!!

Farewell El Nino!  Bring on the sunshine! We bought a house with a pretty large backyard, so why not fill it with stuff to play with? :)

 New toy #1:


Can I just say how much I have always wanted a trampoline? I LOVE it!!!  I got it for myself as much as I did for my kids.  And despite all the "warnings" of friends who have experienced some sort of catastrophie or other on theirs, I am overjoyed at our decision to get one.  Great purchase! 



New toy #2:



After getting the trampoline, I thought our yard wouldn't be complete without another large play contraption.  This isn't exactly what I had in mind (I was thinking more along the lines of a wooden play structure, or good ol' fashioned metal swingset), but it is perfect.  I got it off of CL for a great deal.  The kids LOVE it and while Kimball might not get to enjoy it as long as he might a larger one (since it's made for kids up to age 8), I think we'll get many years of jolly-good times out of it.  It has 2 swings, a slide and a playhouse underneath.  Kills 3 birds with one very large plastic stone.  Another bonus with this one...it looks good.  I am so glad I didn't settle for that faded, paint-chipped, rusted, eye-sore WT metal one we also looked at that night. :)

Yay for summer fun!  Now if we could just get some friends over here to enjoy them with us!!  Hint...hint...

3 comments:

Helen said...

How fun! I grew up with a trampoline and we never experienced any horrible injuries. Just self inflicted ones (I kneed myself in the eye once, and gave myself a black eye). I love trampolines.

You know if we lived closer we would come play often.

queenann said...

I won't be jealous. Someday we'll have our own backyard to fill with toys, right?

Jana said...

So jealous about the trampoline!! And you're all set with the safety net, so I'm sure it'll be fine :). Looks like you guys will have a great summer outside!