Monday, July 19, 2010

D-D-D-Dora!!!

Happy 2nd Birthday, Sloan!!  I can't believe that my youngest child - my sweet, sassy, spunky little Sloan is 2.  Unreal.  I hope she enjoyed her day, despite the tantrums, the missed nap, the sitting through brothers' swim lessons, and early bed time. :)  We sure love you, little girl.  Here's how her day went:

Of course we begin with the traditional Waddell Birthday donuts! This time: PINK. That was her request for donuts. Pink ones.  Yum!

Presents:
Sloan got a fun wooden kitchen, which, I'll admit, I was SO excited about.  I'll probably play with it more than she will.  I bought it last October in Boise on a mega-sale and have been anxiously awaiting the day we could finally open and assemble it.  She LOVED it.  And she loved playing with it all morning with her brothers.



Her Dora-riffic party was this afternoon. We invited 3 of her little 2 year old friends from the ward.  No families, no parents, no siblings (other than hers).  It was small, but so simple and wonderfully easy (no offense to those valiant families who always frequented our parties...you've been great).

Sloan's birthday gang:  Sammy, Sloan, Jane & Kelsi


We planned for the girls to run in the sprinklers, but none of them would have anything to do with getting wet.  They settled for chalk time, swinging, sliding, and playing house.



More presents!
The loot: a Dora backpack, a bathtime baby, and a Hello Kitty bubble gun.
Oh, and lest we forget, a package of fingernail polish (thanks Kim).  :)  Up until now, Sloan had never been introduced to the idea of fingernail polish.  I should've kept my mouth shut when I told my friends that I didn't even own any.  There's no going back now.

Cake time!
I went for the awesome Dora cake that I made for a friend's birthday a couple years ago.  She LOVED it, despite it turning out to be an African-American-imposter-Dora. :)  (I ran out of white frosting to lighten it...)

Party Favors:
Instead of spending $30 on another Pinata, I opted for some fluffy homemade party favors.  They were a hit (and cheaper than expected...less than $20 for all 4)!



We ended the day at the park this evening and let the birthday girl (and her brothers) run wild.  We are so amazed every day by our sweet Sloan.  She is so smart, sassy, kissy, opinionated, loud, spunky, bossy, cuddly, beautiful, and wonderfully unique!  Happy Birthday to our one of a kind little spitfire.


Love you, Sloan!  Can't wait to see what the next year brings for you!


6 comments:

Helen said...

Looks like a whole bunch of girly fun! She is a sweet spunky kid, love her and glad she had a good day.

Karina & John Calderwood said...

The tutu's are adorable! Thanks for putting on such a fun party. Happy bday little Sloanie! OH - and what is UP with my child's buck-toothed smile in that first pic???

Anonymous said...

What fun! Happy Birthday Sloan. I LOVE the tutu idea. Bravo on another successful party. :)

Jana said...

What a cute two-year-old!! Happy (late) birthday to Sloan!

Mark and Kris said...

It was great to see you in Boise! You and the kids look so great. Sloan's party looked like "the place to be" Lots of fun. You definately have talents Cath. Love ya lots.

Brooke said...

Happy Birthday Sloan! Too cute.