So, I FINALLY began my journey of reading the Twilight books. Yup. And am very sorry to say that...I am...GULP...a....fan. Ugh. I thought I'd never utter those words. I finished the 1st book today.
Since I unprofessionally watched the movies before I read any of the books, I really tried to keep the faces and images from the movies out of my mind as I read the words. And was somewhat successful. I think that now that I've finished the book, I can say that I have formed an image of what would be, in my mind, the perfect Edward. Humor me, here. Now, don't get me wrong - - I don't mind their choice of, oh, what's his name...but think that I could've done much better than those high-paid casting directors. Ok...so there is ONE little flaw to my perfect Edward...he is made up of several different celebrities. I couldn't decide on just one, which I'll admit could be a slight hurdle if I ever did pursue the casting director type career. But all that aside, if I could have cast an Edward, based on my images after reading the book, and completely trying to block out old whats-his-name, here's what I came up with:
His voice would sound similar to this guy:
His muscles would look more like this guy's:
And he might've resembled this guy:
Or maybe looked a little like this guy:
Eh?? Eh??? What do you think? If you could combine all these guys, wouldn't that be the perfect Edward? Huh?? I know, right!!! :)
I am such a nerd. Time for book two...
with this guy:
Ok...so I guess they didn't do THAT bad of a job.
Aren't you ashamed that you know me. (don't be too harsh...you know you were thinking about it too.)












8 comments:
Gee, I wonder what my sweet wife would think if I made a post of all the hot chicks I can think of?!
Brian
I was hoping for more muscles too. His hairy chest in the movie was not what I invisioned. I could nit pick at alot of things, but I won't. Tell your hub, it is ok to look.
Great point Brian. I have to say I was truly disappointed in "Edward" in the movie. Once I saw who they put in for the part, I didn't go. I am glad you are reading the books. Good luck getting anything else done for a while. (hee hee)
Glad you finally caved. I think I have New Moon and the rest of them if you want them. And Ditto to Edward.....when I first read Twilight I felt so GUILTY telling John that I had a crush on someone. LOL!
Yes, Brian, there IS an appalling double standard on this issue, huh?
And wow, Cathy, you've really given this a lot of thought, haven't you?
Brian - I wasn't merely posting about guys I think are hot. These probably wouldn't even make the list (you'd be #1, by the way). This was a very scientific study I did with myself about who would make a good Edward. That's all. Love you. :)
Honestly, I am not sure it matters exactly who they casted as Edward (even though I think they did a decent job). It is the character of Edward in the books that has us all swooning. :)
This is a nice array of hotties though. Thanks for the viewing pleasure.
So....:) I was reading your post and my hubby said "What are YOU looking AT!?!" Yes, he is the hubby who hates the books...but I'm going to have to agree that who they cast did not fit the image I had in my mind. No crush, seriously, but he just did not fit the character. I'm loving that you put that much thought into it though! :)
Post a Comment