SCHOOL!!!
Both my boys started a new year of school today! Hooray!!!! To start our new school year off right, I made the boys' favorite smoothie for breakfast (banana, peanut butter & chocolate) that we had with the leftover banana oat pancakes with coconut syrup from last night's dinner. Yum.
The boys got dressed this morning faster than I have ever seen them dress before. Excited, much? And both of them chose one of their new school shirts for this special occasion...both yellow. In fact, ALL of my boys wore a yellow shirt today (I think Brian put on his yellow polo shirt today secretly LOVING the fact that all the boys were matchy-matchy...but he'd never admit it).
What a handsome guy!! Kimball is now in....gulp....1st grade. FIRST grade, people. I can hardly believe it myself. And look how freaking tall this kid is. Holy cow. I'm not sure I am completely ready to have my child away from me for the majority of the day. It makes me sad to think I only get to have him a couple hours in the morning, and a few hours at night. I missed him today. I'd better get used to it though...only 11+ years to go.
And look at this guy! Isn't he cute? My big/little Noah started preschool today at Little Friends/North Idaho Christian School. He was SOOOOO excited! After we dropped off Kimball and walked home (@ 9:00), he asked every 10 minutes or so if it was time for his school to start (which starts @ 12:00....you do the math).
He wasn't nervous at all to start school. He was ready. What a good boy.
And Sloan made absolutely sure she wasn't to be left out of the action today.
She insisted on wearing her backpack all day.
And getting in on every photo opp that the boys had.
And all but refused to leave Noah's preschool. She wanted to stay so badly. She even wanted to kiss the stars on the poster goodbye. Yeesh. I'm not sure she's ready to be the only one at home. She is really going to miss her big brothers. Lucky for her, Noah only has preschool twice a week. Baby steps.
I am one proud mama. My children are seriously incredible. I will miss my boys while they are at school, but I'm sure it will just make me appreciate them more. :)
















2 comments:
What cute kiddos!! Before you know it, we will be dropping Kelsi and Sloan off at Kindergarten together! NO!!!!!! Make it all stop!
It totally makes you appreciate them more! And when they get to
3rd grade they suddenly are too cool to tell you all about their day...*sob* Gotta love the growing up, huh?
Post a Comment