Tuesday, November 10, 2009

HOME, SWEET PERSONALITY, HOME


I have the decorating itch.
My list of projects is LONG.  So long, that it's intimidating even thinking about starting one of those projects.  I have only painted ONE room (which if you know me at all, is very unusual) - the boys' room, which I painted ELEPHANT SKIN (it's even cooler in person).



I have finally added some items to my GIGANTIC soffit (sp?) which seperates my living room & kitchen.  I brought some plants home from my dad's funeral and re-potted them to put up there.  I do not have a green thumb...let's hope I don't kill all of them.  (IGNORE THE LOVELY PINK SPONGE PAINT...again...I have only painted one room...this one is VERY high on my to-do list).



(What were they thinking with that pink paint....it's just bad.)

Today I am attacking Sloan's room.  Wish me luck!  Lucky for me, the previous owners didn't spread their painting talents all over the house - that gift was only used in the kitchen and family room...all of the other rooms are a very drab vanilla color - easy to paint over.

I will slowly be scratching this itch for a while...I HATE not being able to do everything at once (a time issue, as well as a $$ issue).  It feels like I am living in someone else's poorly decorated house - but I have to be patient...it will get there.  When it does, you are all welcome to come stay for a visit. :)

3 comments:

Helen said...

Looks great! I know that "itch" well, and it is a hard one to satisfy. I hope Kimball is doing okay...give him our love.

Karina & John Calderwood said...

I would love to come over and help one of these days. Just let me know!! Paintings a LOT faster when you aren't doing it alone. Thurs is John's bday and I am taking him to lunch and Friday afternoon I am babysitting, but other than that, LET ME KNOW!!!!! I will be waiting to see when I can help!

Jana said...

The boys' room is great; I never would have thought to use a grey shade, but it looks perfect. I can't wait to see more pictures as you're able to complete projects!