Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Barber Shop Talk

I took the boys to Great Clips this morning for a haircut and was audience to some totally random priceless kid type "conversations" between the boys & their cutters.  I just had to share a few of my favorites.




Haircutter to Noah: "What do you want for Christmas?"
Noah: silence
Haircutter: "Do you want some cars."
Noah: "No!!! We have lots of cars.  I want a watch."
(this is the FIRST "Santa" has heard of wanting a watch...sadly, he won't be getting one.)






Kimball: "WOW!!! That comb is HUGE!!!"  (it actually was quite large)






Haircutter to Noah: "You are being so good.  Are you always this good when you get a haircut?"
Noah: "My mom said she'd buy me an icee."




I love listening to totally unscripted and unprompted conversations of kids.  You never know what they'll say, and usually it isn't all that fantastic, but it feels good to my ears.  I love them so much!

2 comments:

Karina & John Calderwood said...

how much does one pay for a kiddo haircut??

Cathy said...

They are $11 for a kids cut, and they often have coupons in the paper. It's kindof expensive...but trying to do it yourself is NOT worth the time. It takes them 10 minutes, it took me 1 HOUR (I used to cut Kimball's hair). I sometimes brave cutting Noah's hair, but it is just clippers - not scissors. :)