Wahooooooo! Boy, do I feel liberated right now. I just put away my paint brush for the day and am happy to report that the atrocious pink sponge-painted walls are
OFFICIALLY GONE.
There aren't words to express my joy except....
YAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!
Here are some pics so you can be as happy as I am. Enjoy.
(you'll notice in the pic that the wall isn't finished...there is still a lot of cutting in to be done, but I was so darn excited to be rid of my rosey-hued wall color that I couldn't wait to post. I'll put better pics of the finished product up when it is done...try back in...oh, say, 3 years, since it is taking for-freaking-ever.)
Before
(this is the family room wall...the pink was the same as the soffit around the kitchen & living room)
(I couldn't resist. This about sums up my feelings as I embarked on covering the ugliness).
After
(from the top of the stairs, looking down at the absence of pink around the kitchen & LR.)
Good riddance.









4 comments:
LOVE THE COCONUT SMILEY FACE! I can only imagine your excitement in getting rid of ROSE :) Probably a bit like my antipation of ridding ourselves of blue countertops and lanoleum (?)
At least the last of the blue blinds finally reached the dumpster :) I left a note on your purse blog too :)
Your new pad is looking FAB !
Looking good! Did you end up using the COCONUT shell pain on all of it?
I am painting the living room, entry, stairwell, hallway and 1 wall in the family room the Coconut Shell color, and the rest I decided to use a lighter color to compliment and make it seem less "cave-like". After I painted some of it, I realized how DARK it was and decided to abort the original plan and change it up a bit. The other color is Gobi Desert and will go in most of the family room and kitchen. It's hard to describe; I'll post pics when it's is complete. :)
Waahhoooooo! :) You have been one busy bee.
Post a Comment