I am proud to say that we have survived the first 2 weeks of soccer for both my boys. Kimball has practices each Wednesday night and both boys have back to back games on Saturdays.
The first Saturday was MISERABLE. It rained. A lot. And of course I packed an umbrella and some blankets, but they were nothing against the pouring sheets of liquid coming down on us. Sweet little Noah played all through the rain. He was the only little player on his team that toughed it out through the whole game. Most of them stood cuddled between a parent's legs to combat the freezing wetness. Noah did SO AWESOME!!! He ran around soaking wet and had some very impressive footwork. He even scored 2 GOALS!!! What a stud!
After Noah's game we took shelter under the food stand awning until the rain let up slightly. Kimball's 1st game started just as the rain bid farewell. Our Saturday mornings at the soccer field usually begin at 9:30 and end about 12:30. As LONG as these Saturday mornings have felt, I love being able to watch my kids play and have fun! Even Sloan the spectator seems to enjoy it. Despite the rain (which I'm told lasts ALL season around here, every Spring, EVERY year) she is cheering on her big bro's with a smile.
Kimball is very talented at soccer. He has incredible form and looks like a natural. Not to mention that he is really fast and has scored goals in all of his games so far. When he was younger, he was kind of a space-cadet when he played. He would run around the field and act like he didn't have a clue what was happening. :) Now, he is so focused! And he isn't scared of the kids on the other team that seem to be some mutant form of man-child. He goes after that ball, no matter who is kicking it! Such an amazing kid!
I am so blessed!! Maybe one day all these sport-filled Saturday's that we fill our kids' lives with will pay off with one of the kids taking up a sport professionally. :) If not, I hope it still provides them with lots of fun and loads of confidence. And we'll see what kinds of activities Sloan peaks interest in. She certainly has a mind of her own so I'm sure she'll let us know.
Taking shelter at the only dry spot in the park while it pours outside. Such troopers.









2 comments:
I can totally relate...is it bad if I'm lookin forward to the season being over??? :) They look so cute in their gear, though, don't they?
I love the last pic...that is classic. Diggin' sloan's pink kicks :D
Post a Comment