Monday, April 12, 2010

Woahhhhh, Nelly.

Yesterday I began my new adventure as the Primary President for our ward.  Oy.  I'm not "scared" necessarily since I've been in the presidency for 7 months now, but I am "nervous" and a bit "overwhelmed" at the job.  I AM excited to work with my new presidency - they are fantastic ladies! I am NOT excited about having to attend Ward Council meeting...at 7:15 AM!!!!! And not only once a month, but they just updated it to be TWICE a month. Holy cow. That's early.  And that means on those 2 Sundays that Brian will have to get himself plus our 3 children fed, washed, combed, dressed and driven to church for 8:30 am Sacrament meeting. Woah, Nelly.  This should be interesting.  Wish me (us) luck.

5 comments:

Susz said...

You will be FANTASTIC! The best part may be that it is finally Brian's turn to get the troops ready and out the door---on time :)

Brooke said...

I second Susz. You will be awesome! I really am sad I don't get to part of your presidency longer. :( You guys are great!

Karina & John Calderwood said...

You are going to do grrrreat! Good luck Brian!!!! heehee

Now, you can be thankful that Sloanie doesn't have a lot of hair...that would be WAY fun to see what Brian would come up with! :)

Cathy said...

Yes, the hair will be the most interesting part. I told him he has to practice doing her piggy's and he wasn't thrilled. We'll see what he comes up with. I'll count myself lucky if it's combed! :)

Claire said...

Crazy, I am the president in my ward here. I think twice a month would be great, our stake pres wants us to have ward council EVERY WEEK! Sometmes my hub is working so the boys come with me and play board games in the hallway. I was nervous too and still am, but I love watching the kids testimonies grow and thinking that I had a small part in that. Best of Luck!