I did it!!!
My first half marathon is complete. And I was really happy with my time. I've consistently kept a 10:30 pace throughout training except for the extremely sluggish 12-mile practice run I did a few weeks before the race. That was significantly slower. So, I'm happy to announce that I finished my race in a whopping 2hrs 17ish minutes at an average pace of 10:32. Not bad. I might not be the fastest one out there, but I finished AND I didn't stop once! Not even to grab the water cups that they hand you at the aid stations. I grabbed those mid-run (sorry for all the sploshes of water I subsequently dosed the aid-station helpers with while grabbing for that refreshing liquid).
Thanks to Brian for running it with me (even though he could have EASILY finished a LOT sooner if he had gone at his regular pace) and supporting me, and my kids for cheering me on with their adorable posters, and to my mom for watching the kids, and to my brother & his family for rounding out the rest of my personal cheering section in the park.
Grammie took the kids and waited on ParkCenter at mile 10 for us to come along.
Almost to the finish line. Brian's in the background clapping for me. :) And don't you love that I'm waving and have a big smile on my face like I'm having the best time ever. I make this look effortless, don't I? And don't you love my knee-hi socks? They might not be fashionable, but they sure do a number on getting rid of shin splints.
After the race.
Don't you just love the dude strollin' past in the back? I think he wanted to get in the picture for being Brian's shirt twin.
And I can officially call myself a "runner" instead of a "runner in training" since I was branded during my race with two gorgeous black (purple) toenails. And I look forward to hitting the pavement again soon, once I stop hobbling. :) I've got to keep my girlish figure fit for the Spokane to Sandpoint relay and the Dirty Dash later this summer.









No comments:
Post a Comment