Monday, May 23, 2011

thirtysomething


Does anyone remember that show? I knew of it's existence, but that's about it.  It aired from 1987-1991, when I was a mere 7-11 years old and had NO interested in watching a show about a bunch of old thirtysomethings.

Well, I've been a thirtysomething for exactly 1 year now, and I must say it's been pretty fantastic.  Today I turned a whopping 31 and I gotta say, 31 feels a lot like 26, 27, 28, etc.  I'd say the weirdest part about being a thirtysomething is that I remember when MY parents were in their thirties.  I guess my kids will remember ME at this age, so I'd better start being nicer to them. ;)

I actually got to start celebrating my birthday last week on Wednesday, when several of my friends threw me a "surprise" birthday party.  I put quotes around surprise because my dear friend Marissa, who LIVES for surprises and planned most of the party accidentally emailed me all the plans.  We went to Something Borrowed @ the theater, and then went to my friend Kim's house for a party!  The theme was "something borrowed" and I was spoiled with endless gifts from all my amazing friends.  Things that they loved or had that they thought I would love.  I got hair flowers, a beautiful scarf, books, bookmarks, and way more.  I have the most amazing, thoughtful and generous friends ever!!!!

 A classic blowing-out-the-candles shot.

And here are my party people.  Kara & Lizzy who came to the movie but had to ditch early are not pictured.  Aren't they all so cute??? :)


As for today, it started out with some pretty spectacular oozey raspberry jelly-filled donuts. Any day that starts out that way is bound to be a pretty great day. It's sunny outside, even though the forecast called for rain today. And even though I plan on spending the majority of my day doing laundry and entertaining kids, it WILL be great!  My sweet hubby is taking me to Wicked on Thursday night, so that is my present, which I am super excited about!!!  And Kimball gave me his Reece's PB-cups that he got from his Primary teacher yesterday.  Now THAT is love. :)

Thanks everyone for making my day one of the best ever!!!  I am so lucky to have so many people that love me and love to spoil me!!! :)
Here is a list of 31 of my most favorite things (in no particular order):
  1. chocolate cake
  2. my hubby
  3. mexican food
  4. playing games
  5. my kids
  6. reading books
  7. cooking
  8. donuts
  9. peanut M&M's
  10. my family (other than hubby & kids)
  11. Sloan's kisses
  12. shopping
  13. dancing with my kids
  14. running (I'm starting to like this one, so I'll include it)
  15. interior decorating
  16. British television & movies
  17. Noah's tiny butt
  18. fresh pineapple
  19. shoes
  20. Masterpiece Theater
  21. crafting
  22. date night
  23. sleeping
  24. eating out
  25. cookies (any kind)
  26. laughing hard enough that my stomach hurts
  27. Philly cheesesteaks
  28. jet skiing
  29. smores
  30. Kimball's endless love notes
  31. taking pictures

2 comments:

Karina & John Calderwood said...

I FORGOT! I'll send you the couple I have RIGHT NOW.

queenann said...

Wow, you're old.

But not as old as me.