I went to the library today to return the final book of Stieg Larsson's trilogy. While they were all considerably racy and graphic, they were SOOOOOOO good!!!! Anyway, back to the library. I did not have a chance to check my GoodReads "to read" list before I headed out and when I got to the library I could, of course, not remember a single book on said list. So I meandered around browsing titles. Needless to say, after almost an hour of meandering, I left with NO BOOKS. Noah and Sloan both found a plethora of books to check out. They are not paralyzed by fear of the unknown like I am. They left with titles ranging from GOOD NIGHT, LITTLE KITTEN to THE HAIR BOOK. I wish I was so trusting. :)
Why is it when I am standing in the middle of tens of thousands of books, I can't make a decision. I think it's fear of dissappointment to pick a dud. I don't want to have wasted a trip to the library and choose a stinker, but instead I wasted my trip by picking nothing. I wish I could just trust that any book could be a treasure. I am sure that someone thinks so, or else it probably wouldn't have been published.
So, I turn to you, friends in cyberworld...do any of my hundreds (pshhhh) of faithful readers have any couldn't-put-it-down book recommendations? And, in return, I'll make a short list of my favorite books for you to try out. We'll do a little information exchange, friend to friend. Thanks in advance.
My top 10 or so fav's in no particular order:
THE BOOK THIEF by Markus Zusak
JANE EYRE by Charlotte Bronte
JANE EYRE by Charlotte Bronte
THE FORGOTTEN GARDEN by Kate Morton
THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO trilogy (watch out...pretty strong language and graphic scenes in these) by Stieg Larrson
GRACELING and it's prequel FIRE by Kristin Cashore (Don't you just love a good Juvie fiction? They make me feel young)
HUNGER GAMES series by Suzanne Collins
PRIDE & PREJUDICE by Jane Austen
THE RED TENT by Anita Diamant
THE SHADOW OF THE WIND by Ruiz Zafon
and THE GUERNSEY LITERARY AND POTATO PEEL PIE SOCIETY by Mary Ann Shaffer
That's all I can think of. I'm quite sure I've probably left out one or two, thanks to my amazing brain and it's infinite ability to let go of information. I hope you enjoy some of these titles. I'd hate to recommend something and it be hated. Happy reading!
THE SHADOW OF THE WIND by Ruiz Zafon
and THE GUERNSEY LITERARY AND POTATO PEEL PIE SOCIETY by Mary Ann Shaffer
That's all I can think of. I'm quite sure I've probably left out one or two, thanks to my amazing brain and it's infinite ability to let go of information. I hope you enjoy some of these titles. I'd hate to recommend something and it be hated. Happy reading!







3 comments:
I just finished one that my MIL recommended...it probably wouldn't have been on my radar EVER, but it was so captivating I couldn't put it down - The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls. It's her memoir - and man she has an amazing life to share. Highly recommend...it makes our lives look like a party!
Im liking our June book right now. Did you ever go to my cousins blog?? I trust her completely.
http://likeordontlike.blogspot.com/
She reviews books, restaurants and movies.
Angie - thanks, I've heard of that one. I'll add it to my to-read list. Karina - thanks!!! I have not see her blog before. Looks like she's going to have a new follower/stalker. ;)
Post a Comment