Friday, January 8, 2010

Mmmmm......foam cake.....

I FINALLY DID IT!  I signed on MONTHS ago to tackle the making-of-the-foam-birthday-pencil-cake for our ward's primary and can - with a grateful sigh - say I am done!  It took me pretty much all day, but it is pretty freaking great if I say so myself.  I LOVED the foam birthday pencil cake we had in our primary growing up, and each birthday friend chose a pencil "candle" off the top of the cake.  I opened my big mouth about it at one of our primary presidency meetings told them how cute it was, and then said - no big deal - it'll be easy to make..................famous last words.  I need to learn to keep my mouth shut.  :)  Hopefully the primary kids will totally dig it, even though it means they will be getting only a very ho-hum pencil as their gift.  Happy Birthday kiddos!


for your viewing pleasure: a 2-dimensional 360 degree view of my creation.

4 comments:

Half a Dozen Buts said...

Love it! Those were ALWAYS my favorite in primary! It turned out so cute!

Helen said...

Looks great Cathy!!! I loved the pencil cake growing up too, but yours is much cuter than the one I remeber.

Karina & John Calderwood said...

I LOVE it!!

Susz said...

Am I the only one who has never seen one of these? I don't remember getting anything but a song for birthdays in primary...maybe a cool sticker or two :)
Of course I grew up in an igloo....
looks FAB---just as ALL your cakes do!