We got home from Boise on Saturday evening. Plenty of time to get all of our luggage and Christmas spoils unpacked, get church bags ready, clothes picked out, and kids bathed for church on Sunday, right? Probably. But we didn't. We did put away all of our luggage on Saturday night. That's it. We spent Sunday at home. We all really needed a day off. I have some guilt, but I also have a lot of excitement for everything we got done today. We hung more decorations in our house today than in the previous 4 months combined, as well as enjoyed NAPS and some fun Wii time. Thus the R&R...and R. Rest, relaxation, and redecorating!
A black iron candle-holder and my super-professional looking artwork on the weird triangular wall above our dining area.
A close-up of my homemade artwork. I LOVE how it turned out. I just took some pictures of a tree in my front yard and played with photo software to invert their colors. The picture makes the colors look a little more vibrant than they actually are...it is much better in person. You should come for a visit just to see this.
A metal scroll thing above the front door (see how tall that space is...and you wonder why I haven't painted it yet. Luckily, I am calling the painter TOMORROW!!!) and my new AWESOME wooden candle sticks on the soffit (again...ignore the horrible pink sponge-painting by the talented previous homeowners). I got these pillar holders @ Pottery Barn for 75% off - which makes them even more glorious!
Sconces hung in our 1/2 bath adorned with the flowers I bought in Boise @ Real Deals.
I love decorating, and I am so glad I finally have had some ideas about what to do in this wonderfully drab blank canvas I call home. Hopefully in the next month I will get the living room, family room, kitchen and hallways painted and will share that delight with you then. My home is finally feeilng a little more like home. :)












5 comments:
Ahhhhh!!! I love your photos in the frames! So rad!
The decor is looking good. I can't wait to see pics of the pink stuff when it's gone...if that makes sense.
Oh Cathy!!! That pink paint job is SOOO pretty!!! Now imagine that SAME kind of faux marble sponge thing in emerald green, and you have our WHOLE master bedroom! It is SO pretty!
You photo frames are AWESOME! Can't wait to come see it! Now that you have everything up, aren't you excited to take it all down so the painter can paint?? HA!!! I really do love it!
I also LOOOOOOOVE real deals. The one in Spokane stinks. Next time you go down to Boise, stop by the real deals in Lewiston (it's RIGHT off the highway going to Boise) I LOVE IT. HUGE.
There's one in SPOKANE????????????????????? Oh, my gosh!!! Even though it stinks - it probably still rocks! I haven't driven that way to Boise since October, we went the Oregon route at Christmas. I LOOOOOVVVVVEEEE real deals! :)
Post a Comment