We drove down from Coeur d'Alene on Sunday the 20th - which I never really look forward to driving for 8 hours, but I especially HATED this drive. Sloan threw up 4 times in the car. Yuck. What sucked about it most, besides the obvious guilt I felt about my sweet baby having to go through that, was that we were all confined to the car to endure it with her. Poor little girl. And poor us. Luckily, she felt much better when she was finally released from the prison of the car and was able to enjoy some play-time at Grammie's house before bedtime. Another unfortunate reality of this yuckiness was that the rest of us got it too. Kimball and me on Tuesday in the middle of the night into Wednesday, Noah on Thursday and Brian on Friday. Ugh. Puke-fest at Grammies. Needless to say, it kindof ruined any plans we made for that week. Our Christmas eve dinner we planned to enjoy with my brother's family got postponed until Christmas night, then postponed again until Saturday night (Helen had by this point received her gift of strep throat), and postponed again until finally we were able to gather on Sunday night. Geez. I must say, though, that I actually enjoyed having my Christmas "ruined" by sickness. That's how I felt this year, atleast. With feeling more or less NOT like celebrating this year, the sicknesses gave us a great excuse to lay low and take Christmas easy this year. It made Dad's absense less obvious when the festivities weren't so grand. All in all, we did enjoy our Christmas. Everyone seemed to like their gifts and everyone was happy, despite the yucks.
Kimball, Noah & Sloan sporting their new GRAMMIE JAMMIES!
I love capturing their surprised faces as they open their treasures. Sweet kids.
Have I told you how GIRLY Sloan is? . She couldn't get enough of her twin babies Santa brought.
For those of you who know Brian, you know that he seldomly smiles for pictures. So of course, I couldn't help but post this rare glimpse of him looking so cheerful. Look at that beard. Impressive, no? I don't love facial hair, but he did grow an impressive beard. And as a special New Years surprise for me - it was GONE when I walked in from an errand on Friday. Yay.
We were able to stay in Boise through New Years and were finally able to spend some fun time with friends and family. Tuesday we got to visit John & Sarah and kids. Boy do my kids miss their cousins. We sure took living so close to them all for granted. Wednesday night we went bowling @ the SUB with Bryan & Helen on which was awesome (kudos to Oscar-boy for getting THIRD out of all of us)! (Did I mention that we had planned on bowling on Tuesday night, except that Grammie had come down with our plague that day...it's the most efficient illness I've seen work it's magic in a long time. Sorry Grammie.) Then we went to dinner @ the Beanery with Grammie after bowling. Yum. I LOVE the Beanery!!!!! Thursday night we played games and had appetizers and munchies for dinner. Really fun. Thanks to our families and also our friends for a mostly-enjoyable two weeks in Boise. Maybe next year we can look forward to a more traditional and festive celebration, but this year I appreciated the quiet time with my loved ones.
Happy New Year!!!!












3 comments:
Johnny was barfing on Christmas morning, too. Puts a little damper on things, eh?
Glad I got to see you while you were here, if only for a bit.
Happy New Year!
So glad you were able to spend so much time with your mom and family! Definitely a bummer about the 'pukefest' aspect though.
I hate puke (not that I know anyone who loves it). Glad that you had a great time with your fam despite the pukiness.
I am with you on facial hair. About once a year or so, John grows a beard...I like the growth for 4-5 days and then I think he let's it grow to spite me. It's a huge celebration when it is gone!
Post a Comment